Friday, August 8, 2008

The girl in the window

I don't like to post or even really think about horrible things, but this one I just have to!!!! I remember when I told my mom I as reading "A Child Called It", that she panicked and said "As your mother I ask you , please do not read that book". Well seeing how I was already half way through it I couldn't put it down now. This story makes that book look like a fairy tale.

About 2 years ago, my ex husband called CFS, stating that the girls were living in unfit living conditions. He apparently violated his protective order we have on him and broke into our house a couple of times, with photographic evidence on his phone to prove it. We have a patch of carpet in the basement that our dog periodically likes to use as a restroom. Mind you, we also have white carpet all through the upstairs. When the case worker came by, she said she was confused, as were we. This inevitably backfired on my ex, and he was on a plea of abeyance for 18 months. We were found with out a doubt, not guilty.

It's people like this woman in this story that remind him of what "unfit living conditions" really are. A soiled carpet in a house is not! This woman should have been made to suffer the same fate of her daughter in her care. You know there are people in this world who spend thousands and thousands of dollars to conceive a child and others who never are able too, and this woman locks her daughter in a room with roaches and diapers. At age 7 she is not potty trained and cannot speak at all. She has no idea what a hug is and sleeps on a soiled mattress on the floor.

God bless the family who took her in and is giving her a life that her apparent "mother" could never. The really sad thing is, she is still making excuses for her action!! GRRRR!

No comments: