Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Poor Parents!!!

Okay, it is no secret I am a spoiled brat....

Me: Daddy.....do you know how to build a pergola?

Dad: You mean an harbor

Me: No a pergola...harbors are smaller

Dad: No, but I bet we can figure it out

Me: Cool...I need it for my BBQ

Dad: When is that?

Me: Saturday

A strange silence came over the other end. So I did what any woman does when they want a man to do their bidding...start it my self!!! My mom taught me that trick....See then it makes them nervous that you will jack it up and they jump in before you do!

Me: Dad, what do I need to buy for the pergola...Jon and I can do it.

Dad: (Laugh) Well...you need...How big is this thing going to be?

Me: 11x11

Dad: I need to look at it first....

Me: K can you come over tonight?

Dad: No I have things to do.....

Me: Okay I will look online and find out what I need, Handyman magazine says it is a weekend project...We can figure it out. I mean how hard can it be, you slap four posts up and make a top...poof...pergola.

Dad: I will see you at 6

Three days later....I got a pergola!!! I love it! My poor dad....But it really isn't his fault, I mean I am just so darn cute he cant say no!


Slap 4 posts up





Put on top




Poof...Pergola!!!

No comments: