Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Love Eric!!!

He wrote this one year for my birthday when I worked at Clear Channel...he kills me!!!

(NOTE: In the continuation of the Month of Jon's, Kristie's husband is name Jon Vieta. This is almost getting creepy.)

There's an old saying here in traffic: "What is said in the traffic department, stays in the traffic department."There is only one exception to this rule, and it happens on or about Kristie's birthday.

I remember when I first started working here about five years ago. My former company (Trumper) had just been bought out by the "Big Bad Clear Channel" and I was asked to come over to the traffic department here to help "smooth the transition." (The truth is, my other boss was sick of seeing me, so she sent me over to Kathy in an attempt to sabotage the operation.)

My first day here was filled with people being extremely nice to me. (It only lasted one day.) I remember Kristie saying out loud, "Now that we have a BOY in our department, we're going to need to watch what we say."It's now been five years, and I'm still waiting to see for that moment.

A few things you may not know about Kristie (unless you've served time with her):
She only accepted the job as Continuity Director because it came with an office. She's still saving up to buy a door for the office, and when she does she will...in her own words..."Keep it closed so I don't have to deal with any of you nincompoops." (I used the word "nincompoop" to replace a naughtier word used by Kristie.

She's the only person I know that will complain all morning about being hungry, and then when lunch time comes, she'll go get her nails done instead of eating. ("I changed my mind," she'll say as she comes back through the door.) Ten minutes later, she is complaining how hungry she is. But hey, at least her nails look good.

She's a Virgo. Normally that wouldn't mean anything, but out of the six people that work in traffic, half of them are Virgos. The rest of us are...well...not Virgos.

She talks about her dog more than she talks about her husband, kids and parents combined.

If you have some time to waste, mention Tom Cruise to her. (With the exception of the volleyball game on Top Gun, she has nothing good to say about the former Mr. Nicole Kidman.)

I hope you have a great Birthday, Kristie. Because if you don't, the rest of us will hear about it on Monday.(NOTE TO KATHY: Can I have Monday off, just in case?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe - I love it . . . my birthday stuff from Eric still comes up if I Google my name! I go back and read them once in a while - just for fun!

Mills Family said...

That is hilarious! Eric cracks me up.