Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Laundry Room!

It is finally done! Well almost...98% done anyway. It only took 3 months...but if you take into consideration I did take a couple months off from it, then actually it only took one month to do!

Funny thing is...I wasn't planning on doing the laundry room. I mean, who really goes in there and I have sooo many other rooms that need a face lift more then that one. I guess fate had something else in mind. Jon and I were in a wicked fight when we felt the house shake. We stopped....was that an earth quake? We were still alive so after a short pause we continued our conversation...LOUDLY! Then we decided we should look around to see what the hell it was. "Found it"...the cabinets in the laundry room had fallen off the wall! GREAT!

See, the people who we bought the house from finished the basement and did a really shit job. I mean I have mystery doors in the middle of walls, light switch conduit boxes that were used as light conduit boxes, door moldings with no top, strange unnecessary indentations in the walls and did I mention the countless stud nails used in the drywall?

Anyway, here is before:


You can see the blue paint where the cabinets once were.....Yes...my entire basement was powder blue at one point...blah!


I love this picture, anyone who knows my dad knows that when he "has an idea" it is easier to get the Pope into a Thai bar then get him to change his mind. I titled this picture..."White Grout....no, you don't want white grout, ,(laugh) trust me you will love the grey"



Proof I did the granite tile myself...oh yea baby "I don't need no stinken man"


After...please notice the white grout! That's right "Your Holiness, Vatican curacy is not valid here...here take my dollar". Anyway...I love it...laundry is not a chore anymore and I have a shitload of storage space now! Oh and the new folding table is way sturdy...Jon and I tested it out... safety first I always say!! never know when you might need to put 200 + pounds of laundry on it!!!

1 comment:

Mills Family said...

I love your new laundry room it looks great. Good job on tiling yourself, I admit I need a man I could never do that myself hehehe.