Monday, February 23, 2009

Fangtasia!

My husband took me out to Alex's bar for Valentines day, and that seemingly small and out of character move has climbed the the charts of the "Top 10 Most Memorably Jon Moves".
Some of the others were:

1. Deterring my attention, while tearing off the head of a lobster with a napkin and giving it to the waiter. The stupid thing was looking at me!

2. Hanging around when the door man at Serendipity III said it would be a three hour wait to get in.

3. Taking me to the Queen Mary for the Haunted House festival.

4. Cleaned my bathroom once.

5. Swimming back an forth 3-4 times to give Kelsie the courage to surf.

Not in that order :)


This bar was a blast. He was a little worried about the location and made sure we had a cab there and a cab back. The people were really nice! We parked our butts at a little table plastered in Ramones paraphernalia, and just laughed and drank.
After a couple drinks I worked up enough courage to take pictures. Unfortunately Jon forgot the camera so my phone would just have to do. I took pictures of the art in the girls bathroom, good thing no one came in! Oh never mind me, I collect bathroom portraits! Its a thing for me :)
These two were in the stall....Kinda hard to pee when a Vampire is looking at you!

The door guy was this scary looking guy, balled with a long beard just on his chin. I don't think there was a part of his face with out a piercing of some sort. He was playing the "Mr. Tuff Guy" role, but when we were getting ready to leave, I asked him to suggest a few good placed to eat that were still open and he became Mr. Chatty Kathy!

While I was waiting for our cab, the bouncer was talking to me. Nice guy! He asked if I had ever heard of the "HBO show TrueBlood"...."Ya know I think I came across it once or twice..." HA!!! Hello! Reason for being there!!!! We chatted a while, he said they were filming last month there, and he hadn't met any of the actors but Cedric Yarbrough who plays Deputy Jones on Reno 911 was there the week before. I noticed they were set to be closed the following Monday-Wednesday, but I know he would tell me if they were filming or not.


It was a great night!!!! I think Jon had fun too!

No comments: