Thursday, May 7, 2009

Monty....

I was leaving for hula when I saw our bird loving next door neighbor (the rooster guy) looking in our bushes with a flashlight. um ...okay...I said to myself, please GOD tell me Jon doesn't have anything is in that bush!. I cautiously approached the determined man and jokingly said "Did you lose something Jon?" He said "Yea, my baby chickens, a big grey cat scattered them". Oh Hell!!!! I mean he isn't really big, he is just fat. I occurred to me at that moment, that there isn't an animal in my house that is outwardly mobile that likes that particular neighbor.

Monty is not what you would call a virile cat. I mean he didn't hunt, he would get in an occasional fight here and there. Without claws and that furry fanny pack he has, he isn't really a worthy opponent. Well unless he planned on knocking then unconscious with his breath, he might as well be a stuffed dummy for kitty-foo students.

After we searched the entire back yard for the little guys, and learning my kids can scale my fence (AH AH! So that's how the slats keep coming out!) , I walked our neighbor out the gate and headed up the stairs to the kitchen door....and who do you think was sitting there...Mr Pansie Paw in the Chicken Coup. He looked at me as to say "What?! I was here the entire time!"

Fried chicken is crack for that cat. This is no secret. He has absconded with an entire breast that my dad was holding in his hand. I can just see the conversation he had in his head:
"Whoa!!!!! Chicken Nuggets!!!!"



I swear....we will have to move because our animals cant play nice! Look at him...what a physique.....a fabulous specimen of a hunter! NOT!!!!!

1 comment:

Mills Family said...

that is hilarious, that pic is cute!