Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's All About Me!!!!

My name is Kristie and this is my blog. I currently live in Utah. I was born and raised in Hawaii. We live on the island of Oahu in Kahala. After my father had enough of my preteen shenanigans, I was sent to Utah to live with my sister and finish up school.

I was married shortly after high school to a real "winner" who to this day loves to make our lives hell. I guess it’s a small price to pay for the gift of my “Smalls”.

I have 2 wonderful girls that remind me not to take life so serious. My little red head is a real lover and has picked up my Husbands witty sarcasm. My Pukashell is a real sweetheart and wants to do her best for all. Oh, and I can’t leave out our littlest "Pig". She loves her sisters dearly.

My wonderful husband Jon that makes me laugh, respects and embraces my love for the Hawaiian culture and has adapted to living the island life very well (especially the food). The way I see it...anyone one that that can body board at Sandy's, get wiped out by a local boy and survive(insert stereotype here)...means the island had taken a likening to him too. :)

We belong to the
Ka Lama Mohala Foundation here in Utah. If you haven’t heard of it, here is the skinny. The foundation was given a grant to open a Hawaiian Cultural Center in Utah (741 W. Smelter Street, Midvale, UT 84047. These amazing people have made a safe haven for all that have lived, ever loved or of Hawaiian lineage to come and be with others that are the same. You really feel at home and safe, where you always greeted with a smile and a kiss.

It started as a Hula Halau under the instruction of the late
Kumu Clarice Wahineali'i Nuhi, whom we dearly miss. We are now under the instruction of Kumu Kāwika Keikiali'ihiwahiwa Alfiche, who resides in San Francisco. He is a remarkable being. There are some people you meet in life that just astound you with their empowerment, knowledge, love and humanity. This does not even begin to scratch the surface of this man. He is an addiction to your mind and soul. We are beyond fortunate to be given the chance to be in his world. I have danced with Ka Lama Mohala for 6 years. I love my hula sisters dearly.

I worked in radio for 10 years at Bountiful broadcasting, I mean Regent Broadcasting...I mean Jacor Communications...no Clear Channel Communications. :)Few! I worked in traffic for most of those years and then became the Continuity Director for the latter 3.

I left my radio family in June of 06 to work for my brother-in-law as his Accounting/Business Development manager for his hydronic heating company. In the words of My Clear Channel GM Stu "It's not as sexy as radio." That it isn’t, and I miss my friends and the chaotic fun and laughter everyday brought.

Traveling is my favorite past time, I truly don't do it enough. I go home every year if not more (Delta Brat), and am checking of my 100 before I die little by little.


Well, I am board of talking about myself....So that’s me....
See ya!

1 comment:

Mills Family said...

Oh fun I get to be your first comment on your blog yay. K next time you go to hawaii you better take me with you hehehe. Anyways welcome to the blog world.