Thursday, June 12, 2008

GAS!!!!!

I don't know really what my deal is with putting gas in my car. I would sooner have my nipple pierced then put gas in my car. So as I went to lunch today I realized that after three days of being on empty I should go fill up. I mean it would suck to have to call Jon and tell him to bring me a gas can. Not that he would, but Rudy would, and laugh all the way to there and back and tell the saga at every family gathering until I die. I just don't need that aggravation.


Windows up, AC off and radio low, like that helps in someway, I venture to the closet Chevron on 90th south and State. I weave my way through the sea of construction cones and wait for my chance in the turn lane. After waiting through at least one song on the radio I turn into the Chevron and realize that you cant go through the pump stalls. Oh no...those construction cones are squatting all along the other side. So you have to back out after your done at the pump.


I proceed to enter my card, no I don't want a car wash, save a tree by not taking receipt, scoff as I turn a blind eye to the very large letters on my gas tank door that says "Premium Fuel Only" by selecting mid grade for $4.11, Cuss at the ridiculousness of the price as I put the nozzle in my tank and watch as my retirement disappears in Chevrons pockets.


Just then the pump stops at 10 gallons and all the lights are off on the pump. WTF! I look around, every one's stopped. I go inside and the smug little man behind the counter tells me that they are doing maintenance and it will be back on in 5 minutes. Like it isn't bad enough that your charging me what you are, now I have to wait to see if my credit card implodes for the charge.


The pumps come up and I kid you not, I have to rerun my card start all over! Now I definitely don't want a stupid car wash and I will tell you where that receipt can go, and now the gas is coming out like it was molasses. Forget it...after pumping $3.50 worth of gas I call "Uncle". I will live on 3/4 of a tank. This is why, I remind myself, I hate to get gas.



1 comment:

Mills Family said...

You kill me, you are seriously so funny, can you write all my blog entry's for me so ppl will think I am funny hehehe.
Anyways you so sound like me when it comes to getting gas yeah I don't like to either I usually send pat, or just run on fumes for days.