Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sundays At Instacare!

You know, these days we seem to be really klutzy!!! I know I know, you are thinking that I mean just the kids and I...but no...I mean Jon this time. I guess we have rubbed off on him.



We picked up this coffee table set with 1 inch glass tops. Jon wanted to take the glass down the stairs for us while we cleaned the the table stands. The next thing I heard was a scraping sound and Jon yelling "no no NO!" 'CRASH'!!!!!! I ran down the stairs to the sight of Jon looking at the top of the coffee table in a million little pieces. Jon was pacing back and forth and about to flip out. I calmly said "you okay? what happened" he said he knew the minute he leaned the glass on the wall that it was not a good idea. He was feeling really bad about it and I knew even though I was upset, that showing it to him would send him over the edge.

I had Kourt run and get a trash bag to put the pieces in. I handed Jon the bag and as I headed up stairs to get the vacuum I hear this loud "OH MY GOD"!!!! "F*(*&^&%%$^%*^%^*" I run down to the sight of Jon on the floor, clutching his foot that was gushing blood! "It's soooo deep Kris.....Oh my god...this will need stitches" Kourt screams out "I am calling 911" after telling her to calm down and no she was not, I tried to calm Jon down. I got a hand towel for him to put over the gaping wound, and helped him up the stairs to get it cleaned out to assess the damage.


As I get his foot in the sink, he tells me that he knew the sack would not hold the glass as he put a large piece in. After running water over it in the bathroom sink, and explaining to him I was NOT going to pull the skin flap off for him, I instructed Kourt to get Jon's other shoe an Kelsie to grab my purse.

We arrived at Instacare, and it was merely minutes before he was in the exam room. The nurse was cleaning it off when she stopped and said "I am going to get the doctor". We knew then that there was stitching needed.

The same doctor that helped me out when I impaled my foot two weeks earlier, was his doctor. 16 stitches (hey, if you are going to do it....go big right) , a red bandage. a tetanus shot and allot of crap from his girls later Jon was ready to go home. We told the doctor we would see him next Sunday, since that seems to be our thing now. He smiled and the nurse next to him offered to make the appointment now and give us our shots ahead of time. HA HA...you funny guy!

As we left Kelsie says "Jon, what did we learn here? to trust your gut, because it is usually right". Smart Kid huh :)




I mean really...it isn't a Sunday now with out a trip to the Instacare! Serves Jon right for making jokes earlier about knowing if we ever needed to go there again, we knew what time you should show up to not wait in line.....sigh....bad move :)



Jon entertaining himself by grossing out the girls.....Don't watch if you have a weak stomach!!!

1 comment:

tamara said...

the video was pure disguusting but i had that kinda same exact thing happen 2 me but like my momma told me dnt play with ur food aka i LOVE 2 drink blood also i didnt get my wound stiched i left it be so i could pick at it and drink the blood when ever !!!!! yummi 4 mi tummi