Thursday, June 4, 2009

Memorial Day

Its a tradition in my family to go with my dad up to Brigham City and clean up his family head stones, we do breakfast and then head back to the city to do Jon and my Mom's families at the City Cemetery.

It is also a tradition to forget where my Great Grandmother is buried, even though we always think of little ways to remember, we never do and wind up spending at least 30 minutes trying to find her. Kind of a morbid scavenger hunt I guess ;) It was funny because My Mom and Jon over heard this lady say that they move them around so you can't find them....them being the dead people........

Mom: *Hysterical Laugh*
Jon: I know, we had a better spot last year, this one is crap!!!!

Well this year it was pouring rain, and I mean I should have driving Karyn's boat up there an not her suburban. Well, my dad didn't bring a jacket and had to improvise....'Skid Rig' as it has been called in our family. Now for those of you who don't know, my dad USED to be a skilled handy man, now he 'Skid Rigs' most things. Duct tape and card board box can fix anything ...trust me I have seen it ;) I mean poke three holes in a hefty bag...wahlah...rain coat! Watch out Martha Stewart...Sid is on your heals!!!



We joked around at the cemetery that we were having his head stone made of just that, card board box, duct tape and a hefty bag. Maybe some PVC pipe for structural purposes. Jon's however will have one of three things on it:

1. 'Fatal Error Contact Network Administrator'

2. Motion sensor that when you get too close you hear him yell "GET OFF MY LAWN"

3. a button you push and hear a door bell and him say "*Sigh*WHAT!"

Maybe all three.


They day was fun and ended well, Kourt lost it at Grandma Jo's grave but that was just fine. I told Hannah that Fred was the most like Jon and she rebutted with "where is his motion sensor?", We tried to explain to Kourt that the little knobs on the wall where Jon's dad is, are not doors, and made jokes that Burt was thinking "Jon!!!! Who the hell are these people!" I looked at Jon and said "What fun would your life be if you didn't trash it up with the Nelson's every once and a while?!" literally!

No comments: